History Of Our School
Our school has had a long history with the current school building being in place for over 60 years. However it has been the past six years that have seen the most radical changes. Prior to this our school was known as Scoil Muire Banríon or locally as the “Boys School”. However for September 2017 our school enrolled Junior Infant girls and boys for the first time ever. The school is now a co-educational school catering for the girls and boys of the town.
The school, which is located in Gilroy Ave., was built in 1959 and replaced the old Edenderry Boys’ National School which was built in 1835.
In 2019 we formally introduced our new school name St Patrick’s Primary School and this replaced Scoil Muire Banríon. Along with this name change an extension was built in 2019 adding new offices and toilet blocks.
The first principal of Scoil Muire Banríon was Mr John P Keane. He retired in 1975 and then Mr Eddie Moran took up the reins until 1978 when Mr Seán Fitzgerald took over. He retired in August 2012 and was replaced by Ms. Nicola McMahon. Our current principal is Mr. Kyran Foran.